The Centre for Land Tenure Studies (CLTS) was established in 2011 at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) to further the study of land tenure – a broad and complex field of study cutting across many disciplines.
The CLTS seeks to:
- enhance collaboration across departments at NMBU;
- strengthen the visibility of NMBU activities within the field of land tenure;
- strengthen NMBU’s international collaboration and networks within the field;
- contribute to research and knowledge generation on land tenure issues;
- help build capacity in the South and in Norway within the field;
- disseminate policy lessons; and
- contribute to policy debates.